Monday, December 10, 2007

Podcast - #21

I looked at podcast alley, clicked on genre, chose arts - and - was aghast at the silly podcast titles listed. They were not helpful in choosing which podcasts to choose, and when I looked in some of them, I was most unimpressed.
So - onto the yahoo choice and that was much easier to follow. I typed "public libraries" in the search box and up came some great video titles. Web Marshall blocked a few, but I looked at a couple of others and one of them I watched, which showed an American public library; people were chosen, seemingly at random, to say what their library meant to them, and then the library staff were interviewed and followed around their library.

Then I tried adding an RSS feed for a podcast to my bloglines account. I like the Saturday and Sunday morning programmmes from Radio New Zealand but can't lie in bed listening thaaaaat long! I was pleased to hear Chris Laidlaw say one could listen via a podcast from their website and thought aha! I can set that up as an exercise. I was a bit disconcerted to read on their website that you needed special software, but tried anyway. I had thought it had to be a special podcast feed, but no, it connects as an RSS feed, so have added that to my Blogline account successfully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done on the podcast