Monday, December 10, 2007

Web 2.0 tools

Hey, this was a fun site! I first went into the music category and tried Pandora, but it wouldn't connect to li'l ole New Zealand. So I tried last.fm and really liked some of the features there, especially the ability to listen to musicians they suggested I might enjoy - similar to the artist I had chosen to listen to. This way I could discover musicians I was unaware of. Who knows; this site might be handy if I can just get all the exercises done in time to get that MP3 player!

I also enjoyed playing around in realtravel, where you could read people's input of their travels, and get information as to what to see, where to eat etc.

Lastly I was blown away by googlemaps. I tapped in Whangamomona and instantly the tiny settlement was pinpointed.

Use in the library? Yes to perhaps suggesting alternative singers to customers, and yes to finding places anywhere in the world, however tiny. Or just maps in general. And that is just in the few sites I went into. I will definitely explore more here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last fm and google maps seem to appeal and be quite popular, grea work here <:-)